Winners of the Make In India Week Hackathon 2016
Hackathon — a 24-hour marathon event, where coders, engineers and designers collaborated intensively to come up with ideas to solve urban design problems was an integral part of the Make In India Week in Mumbai.
Coders, engineers and designers collaborated intensively to come up with ideas that solve urban design problems in the fields of water, energy and transportation. . The week-long Hackathon was held at the IIT Bombay campus. IIT Bombay had received about 150 interesting proposals from smart students across the country. Each proposal had two-four student inter-disciplinary team and a mentor. Faculty from several IITs shortlisted 10 proposals from each of the three areas. Winners presented their ideas in front of venture capitalists, government representatives and the media at the Make In India Week 2016.
The winners in the three categories are
· Winner : Vivekanand Institute of Technology, Mumbai
· Runner Up : Jodhpur Institute of Engineering & Technology & National Law University, Assam
· Winner – IIT Kanpur
· Runner Up – Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai & Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore.
· Winner – Krishna Institute of Engineering & Technology, Ghaziabad
· Runner Up – Centre for Environmental Planning & Technology, Ahmedabad.
PIB Mum | MDesai / SRKrishnan