Third Edition of Sankaradeva Movement to be held at NCPA, Mumbai
~ City to promote Assamese Culture ~
In the evening a Grand Cultural Programme is organised showcasing the colorful culture of Assam.
- The reputed Marathi singer Ashwini Bhide Deshpande and Bhajan Samarat Anup Jalota would perform Borgeet in the function which would be hosted by famous TV presenter Mr. Sidharth Kak.
- Dance Drama Chordhora Jhumura performed by top Assamese actresses like Barasharani Bishaya, Tanvi Sarma, Madhurima Choudhury under direction of Dr. Nirupoma Mahanta.
- Famous Naga Folk singer Guru Reuban Masangva would perform fusion music with Kalpana Patowary.
- Ustad Amjad Ali Khan would give Sarod tribute to Sankaradeva followed by Bihu in violin by Sunita Khaund Bhuyan followed by performance by Assam’s hearthrobe Zubin Garg.
- Well known Assamese singer Mr. Khagen Mahanta would be felicitated for his outstanding contribution towards Assamese culture during the event.
- Few outstanding Assamese cultural personalities in Mumbai like Amrit Pritam, Dhrubajyoti Phukon, Debojit Changmai, Jatin Sarma would be fecilitated during the event.
Assamese community in Mumbai is actively involved in inviting and organizing this iconic initiatives, considered biggest ever event to promote Assam outside.