Now Streaming in India: Amazon Prime Music
Amazon Prime Music launches in India as a brand-new Prime benefit:
Changing the way you find and play music – Ad-free streaming and innovative voice controls with Alexa, in multiple languages
Amazon Prime members can now enjoy their favourite music ad-free across millions of songs in multiple languages at no additional cost to Prime membership
Amazon Prime Music is available to play on Android and iOS mobile phone apps, Desktop app and Web player, Amazon Fire TV sticks and Amazon Echo devices
Amazon.in today announced the launch of Amazon Prime Music, an ad free music streaming service – exclusively for Prime members – offering unlimited offline downloads*, voice controlled with Alexa at no additional cost to Prime membership. Amazon Prime Music includes tens of millions of songs across major International and Indian music labels in over 10 languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi, Bengali, Kannada, Telugu and more. Amazon’s music experts have specially curated playlists and stations to give music listeners an uninterrupted music listening experience across genres, moods, artists, eras, and activities. Amazon Prime Music will be available on Android and iOS mobile phone apps, Desktop app and Web player, Amazon Fire TV sticks and Amazon Echo devices.
With Alexa voice controls, Amazon Prime Music is changing the way customers can find and play music by putting the entire selection not just at the tip of your fingers, but also on the tip of your tongue. Using Alexa voice controls, Amazon Prime Music makes asking for your favourite music as simple and natural as talking to a friend. Simply tap the Alexa icon in the Amazon Prime Music app and just ask for your favourite songs, albums and artists.
Commenting on the launch, Sahas Malhotra, Director, Amazon Music India said, “We believe music listeners are going to love Amazon Prime Music as we bring a global service that’s been truly localised in its selection and curation. With ad-free streaming at no additional cost to Prime members, Amazon Prime Music offers a welcome break from text and voice ads that come between you and your favourite music. Moreover, with voice controls the music listening experience cannot get any simpler, making music listening delightful, effortless and a natural experience for customers. Listening to your favourite music has never been more fun”.
Amazon Prime Music brings a transformative music experience giving Prime members a brand-new way to enjoy music:
- No Ads, No interruptions: Sit back and enjoy a seamless, music listening experience with unlimited offline downloads.
- Voice controlled music: Simply tap the Alexa button in the mobile music app and use your voice to ask for your favourite music on Andriod & iOS. Get started by asking for your favourite artist “Play Ed Sheeran song”, or simply say “Play latest Hindi songs” or say “play 60s Bollywood music”
- Global selection in multiple languages: Whether it is discovering New releases to Retro Classics, Rock to Bhangra, Rabindra Sangeet to Electronic dance music, there’s music for everyone, every moment, every mood to chose from millions of songs in multiple languages
- Curated Playlists and Stations: Amazon Prime Music’s Indian editorial experts have specially created Playlists and Stations to cater to customers music tastes across moods, activities, genres, eras, artists and more across multiple Indian languages. Discover what’s new on specially designed playlists like Fresh Hip-Hop, Fresh Punjabi, Fresh Tamil and more, be clued into chart busters on the Hot Right Now series and rediscover genres with a tightly curated list of 100 Greatest songs, chosen across eras – from Bollywood to Sufi to 80s Pop and slow Jams. Whether it’s a wedding, or a road trip or you are on baby sitting duties – there is a playlist waiting for you on Amazon Prime Music.
- Make your own playlists – Build your own perfect playlist by choosing songs you already love or songs you just discovered through hand-curated playlists and stations for easy and quick access. You can also share your playlists on Amazon Prime Music with your family and friends.
- Unlimited offline downloads*: Download your favourite songs, albums and playlists for seamless offline playback. Enjoy your music wherever you are, anytime. No data costs or limited connectivity challenges.
At Amazon, we continue to add value to our popular Prime program. With the launch of Amazon Prime Music, we now offer Prime members an easy, uninterrupted access to a world of music entertainment with their Prime membership. We think, Prime members will enjoy this latest addition with the many Prime benefits that already include unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Amazon Prime Video and unlimited free fast delivery on eligible items from India’s largest online selection of products, early access to top deals and more”, said Amit Agarwal, SVP and Country Head, Amazon India.
About Amazon Music
Amazon Music is the destination for customers to have the most choice in how to access and listen to all their favorite music. In India, Amazon Music provides Prime members an ad-free access to stream tens of millions of songs in over 10 languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi, Bengali, Kannada, Telugu and more, along with hand-curated playlists and stations and innovative voice controls with Alexa- all available on Amazon Prime Music at no additional cost to their membership. Amazon Prime Music can be accessed through the Amazon Music app on Android and iOS mobile phone apps, Desktop app and Web player, Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Echo devices online at www.amazon.in/amazonprimemusic, with tracks available for anytime, anywhere listening.
Everyday Made Better with Prime
Prime is designed to make your life better every single day. Tens of millions of members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime. In India, Prime members enjoy unlimited free 1 day and 2 day delivery on over 2 million online products, free standard delivery without minimum purchase, exclusive deals on bestselling products, instant access to Amazon Prime Video latest movies & TV shows and now Amazon Prime Music. Available at a ₹ 999 a year, Prime is an incredible value for members. To learn more and join Prime, visit Amazon.in/primeday.
The Amazon.in marketplace is operated by Amazon Seller Services Private Ltd, an affiliate of Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN). Amazon.in seeks to build the most customer-centric online destination for customers to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online by giving them more of what they want – vast selection, low prices, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient experience; and provide sellers with a world-class e-commerce marketplace.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.