Nitin Gadkari Union Minister inaugurates and lays foundation stone of 12 NH projects in Nashik
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurates and lays foundation stone of 12 NH projects in Nashik, of length 206 km and worth Rs. 1,678 crore
Rs. 5000 Crore will be spent on Mumbai-Nashik highway – Union Minister Nitin Gadkari
Union Road Transport & Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari virtually inaugurated and laid foundation stone of about 206 Km long NH projects worth nearly Rs. 1,678 crore in Nashik, Maharashtra in the presence of Union Minister of State for Panchayati Raj, Kapil Moreshwar Patil and Union Minister of State for Health & Family Welfare Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar.
While inaugurating the projects the Minister informed that Rs 5,000 crore would be spent on the Mumbai-Nashik highway. “The journey from Nashik to Mumbai would be completed in just two hours in the next two to two and a half years,” he added.
He expresses concern over the noise pollution caused by vehicle horns. As a solution to this, he suggested that in future, the horns of all vehicles would have the sound of Indian musical instruments. He expressed concern over the high number of deaths due to road accidents in Maharashtra.
These 12 projects include 206 kms long roads worth Rs. 1,678 crore.
Foundation Stones Laid for:
- 4 Nos Grade Separated Structures at Kalyan/ Bapgaon, Vasind, Asangaon and Kasara / Washala Junction on NH-3. Length: 3 Km. Cost: 84 Cr.
- Flyover at Ghoti-Sinnar Junction on Vadape-Gonde section of NH-3. Length: 1.6 Km. Cost: 44 Cr.
- VUP at Purmepada on Dhule-Pimplegaon section of NH-3. Length: 1.2 Km. Cost: 27 Cr.
- VUP at Khadavali Junction on Vadape-Gonde Section of NH-3. Length :0.70 Km. Cost: 24 Cr.
- Up-gradation of Nandgaon-Manmad Section of NH-753J. Length: 21 Km. Cost: 211 Cr.
- VUP @ Ch. 185/500 on Sinnar-Nashik Road NH-60. Length: 0.8 Km. Cost: 25 Cr.
Projects Dedicated to the Nation:
- Elevated Corridor from K K W. Engg College to Hotel Jatra & 4 Flyovers at Pimpalgaon (B), Kokangaon and Ojhar on NH-3. Length: 8 Km. Cost: 448 Cr.
- VUP at Vilholi, Ozar, Major Bridge on Godavari & Road Safety Works in Nashik City on NH-3. Length: 4.5 Km. Cost: 57 Cr.
- Up-gradation of Saputara-Vani-Pimpalgaon Baswant Section of NH-953. Length: 40 Km. Cost: 184 Cr.
- Up-gradation of Kusumba Malegaon Section of NH-160 H. Length: 42 Km. Cost: 203 Cr.
- Up-gradation of Chalisgaon-Nandgaon Section of NH-753J. Length: 44 Km. Cost: 169 Cr.
- Widening / Strengthening of Nashik-Peth to State Border Section of NH-848. Length: 39 Km. Cost: 203 Cr.
Minister Public Works, Govt. of Maharashtra, Shri. Ashok Chavan, Minister of Agriculture, Shri. Dadaji Dagadu Bhuse, Minister for Food and Civil Supply, Consumer Affairs & Guardian Minister, Nashik District, Shri. Chhagan Chandrakant Bhujbal were also present during the event.