National Film Archives launches competition to crowd source logo and tagline for National Film Heritage Mission
Pune The National Film Archive of India, NFAI, has launched the logo and tagline competition for the prestigious National Film Heritage Mission (NFHM).
The National Film Heritage Mission aims at Restoration, Preservation, Digitization and Conservation of the rich film heritage of the Country.
NFAI seeks to crowd-source entries for the logo and tagline through Government of India’s MyGov portal – www.mygov.in and the New Media Wing of the Ministry of I&B. The last date for submission of entries is 20th October 2015.
The best logo would attract a cash prize of Rs. 30,000/- whereas tagline would get a cash prize of Rs. 15,000/-. A panel of experts at NFAI would finalize winner of the said competition. “The crowd-sourcing of logo and tagline would enable Peoples’ participation in the implementation of the National Film Heritage Mission and preservation of our rich filmic heritage”, said Prakash Magdum, Director, NFAI.
About the National Film Heritage Mission
NFHM is a Mission Mode project launched by the Government of India with a total outlay of Rs. 597.41 Crore. This Mission is to be implemented during 12th and 13th Five Year Plan. The Mission aims at digitization, restoration and preservation of the rich filmic heritage of the Country.
Objectives of NFHM
· To undertake film condition assessment of the film collection and to ascertain the left over life of the film.
· Preventive conservation of film reels.
· 2k/4k picture and sound restoration of select landmark feature films and shorts of Indian cinema and recording of new picture and sound inter-negatives of each film.
· Digitization of select feature films and shorts.
· Construction of state of the art archival and preservation facilities for preservation of material restored under NFHM.
· Training and Capacity building programmes
· IT solution for effective implementation of NFHM
Preservation of films has been a serious challenge in India and lack of awareness among the stakeholders has hastened the loss of a large part of India’s film heritage. National Film Heritage Mission is being implemented by the Government to halt the loss of film heritage.
Source : NFAI, Pune
PIB Mum | MD