Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013:
Redefining the future of fashion in India
March 22-26, 2013- Mumbai
Picture caption : Participating designers at the Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013 designer-sponsor announcement press conference.
- 87 designers and 8 sponsors participating in Summer/Resort 2013
- Ace designer Tarun Tahiliani to open LFW with an off-site show
- Fashion visionary, Namrata Joshipura, will be Lakmé Grand Finale designer at Lakmé Fashion Week Summer / Resort 2013
Lakmé Fashion Week (LFW), the leader in promoting creative excellence and the business of fashion in India, today announced the list of 87 participating designers and 8 sponsors who have come together with one common agenda of presenting the very best of fashion industry on the ramp in March. A robust line-up of fashion stalwarts and the brightest young designers will showcase their ready-to-wear brands on the runway and exhibition area.
As the pioneers of fashion weeks in India, LFW has always strived to achieve its objective of nurturing and consistently introducing innovation and talent in the Indian fashion fraternity. LFW continues to be the torch bearer by promoting the business of fashion in India; launch new initiatives and creating some of the best fashion designers in the country.
Highlights of Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013:
• Opening show by Tarun Tahiliani
• One of India’s most renowned and beloved fashion designers, Tarun Tahiliani will open Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Report 2013 with a grand off-site show for Tigre Blanc. An embodiment of design philosophy that encompasses the modern and the contemporary whilst embracing our historical past, Tarun Tahiliani is synonymous with the epitome of Indian luxury and couture.
• Lakmé Grand Finale
• India’s acclaimed fashion visionary Namrata Joshipura will be the Grand Finale designer at Lakmé Fashion Week Summer / Resort 2013. This reiterates Lakmé Fashion Week’s pledge to provide a platform for India’s finest talent and the show will also mark Joshipura’s first-ever showcase at Lakmé Fashion Week. Her collection will bring to life Lakmé ’s style statement for the season
• International designer Naeem Khan to present for the first time in India
• The international flavor of luxury fashion makes its way to Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013, with Naeem Khan debuting in India with his exquisite collection, including custom made pieces for LFW SR 2013
• Talent Box
• Launched in August 2011, the Talent Box is the only platform of its kind in India dedicated to promoting young, emerging design talent. This international concept of mini preview shows will feature 19 designers participating this season. On invitation, outstanding fashion designer Anupama Dayal will be opening the Talent Box this season
• Industry stalwarts in attendance
• Showing their Summer/Resort collections at LFW SR 2013 will be industry stalwarts Manish Malhotra, Narendra Kumar, Arjun Khanna, , Anupama Dayal, Vikram Phadnis and Rocky S
• LFW TV will be streamed live on LFW’s official YouTube channel, the first partnership of its kind for a fashion week in India. This will allow potential buyers and fashion enthusiasts all over the world to catch the action on the ramp live within the comfort of their homes and business. In addition to the live shows audiences will gain behind the scenes action, exclusive interviews, and parties and much more into India’s premier fashion trade platform. Catch it all at www.youtube.com/Lakméfashionwk
• INIFD Presents Lakmé Fashion Week’s Fashion Workshop Series – Edition VIII
• INIFD Presents Lakmé Fashion Week’s Fashion Workshop Series – Edition VIII: The 8th Edition of the Fashion Workshop Series (FWS) will focus on how designers can remain unique as fashion trends evolve and are reinvented. The session titled “Fashion fades, Style remains: The secrets behind a designer’s signature look” will bring together some of the biggest names in fashion to share key insights on how they have been successful at maintaining a signature style.
• Zovi Gen Next
• A platform conceived by LFW, the Zovi Gen Next Program, has become the most coveted program for encouraging young talent in the country and has nurtured some of the leading names in the industry today. Renowned Stylist and Designer Aki Narula will continue to mentor these young designers. This season, 6 exceptional designers from across the country will showcase their debut collections and through this first-of-its-kind partnership with Zovi.com, one exclusive garment from each designer will be retailed on the portal.
• Celebrating Indian Weaves & Crafts
• As part of the continued endeavor to bring the dominance of Indian textiles and crafts to the fore LFW this season will be once again paying tribute to Indian textiles. This season, LFW will be bringing together industry veterans for workshops and installations. Additionally, show featuring textile designers, curated by Mayank Mansingh Kaul, will be a highlight of the day’s activities. Furthermore the LFW Heritage Award presented by Maximiliano Modesti, a one lakh cash prize, will be awarded to the designer from this day who best incorporates Indian weaves and craftsmanship in their collection
LFW SR 2013 will focus to set a new benchmark in the fashion community and meeting the ever-changing demands of the Indian fashion industry while engaging all our stakeholders – designers, buyers, sponsors, media and talent. Taking this prestigious event ahead and making it even more enterprising is LFW’s strong line-up of committed partners that have played a significant role in making this event a grand success.
Picture caption Sponsors 1: Mr. David Mansfield, Area Director – Mumbai Pune & Goa, General Manager, Grand Hyatt Mumbai; Mr. R.S Subramanian, Country Manager, DHL; Ms. Pascale Ahmed, V.P Marketing, Tigre Blanc, Ms. Purnima Lamba, Head of Innovations, Lakmé; Mr. Saket Dhankar, Head-Fashion, IMGR; Ms.Renuka Jaypal, National Brand Head, Aircel; Mr. Manish Chopra, CEO, Zovi.com and Mr. Anil Khosla, CEO, NIFD Ltd at the Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013 designer-sponsor announcement press conference.
§ Continuing as the Associate Sponsor for the sixth season, is one of India’s leading Mobile Services providers – Aircel
§ As LFW’s longest running partner, DHL continues its support as the Official Logistics Partner of Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013
§ Rejoining as Co-sponsor is Official Car Partner, Volvo Cars
§ Joining the family as Co-Sponsors are Tigre Blanc and Zovi.com
§ INIFD – Official Knowledge Partner; Kingfisher – Official Good Times Partner continues their support and Grand Hyatt, Mumbai remains the Official Hospitality partner
Present at the occasion, Purnima Lamba, Head-Innovations, Lakmé said, “We are excited to officially announce Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013. We have the perfect blend of accomplished as well as fresh designers showcasing their creative excellence this season. We are proud to have with us Namrata Joshipura whose contemporary, cutting-edge aesthetics are sure to set a bold Lakmé trend statement this season. We believe that our choice of the Grand Finale designer further reinforces our commitment to showcase great talent and continue the infusion of contemporary energy into Lakmé Fashion Week.”
Sharing his views, Mr. Saket Dhankar, IMG Reliance said, “As thought leaders in Indian fashion and trade, our endeavor is to strengthen LFW as a platform every season. This edition of Summer/Resort will bring the best of Indian design to the runway. We are especially excited to have Indian-born, international designer Naeem Khan’s first ever show in India which demonstrates our efforts to integrate India and build its reputation as a fashion destination globally. Additionally through the growth of engaging properties such as LFW TV, Talent Box and Indian Textile Day, we continue to provide an integrated experience of knowledge, engagement and business for all our stakeholders at Lakmé Fashion Week.”
Designers for Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/ Resort 2013
|Aartivijay Gupta||Agnimitra Paul||Amalraj Sengupta|
|Anushree Reddy||Anushka Khanna||Archana Kochhar|
|Archana Rao||Arjun Khanna||Anupama Dayal|
|Asmita Marwa||Arpan Vohra||Astha Narang|
|Bhairavi Jaikishan||Daniel Syiem||Debarun Mukherjee|
||Deepti Pruthi||Dhruv Kapur|
|Gaurang Shah||Javed Khan||Kaabia Grewal & Sasha Grewal|
|Karishma Jamwal||Karishma Shahani Khan||Ken Ferns|
|Khushboo Agarwal & Prem Kumar||Komal Sood||Kapil & Monika Arora|
|Kunal Rawal||Krishna Mehta||Masaba Gupta|
|Manish Malhotra||Mayank Anand & Shraddha Nigam||Mehak Gupta|
|Megha Garg||Naeem Khan||Namrata Joshipura|
|Neha Sharma||Narendra Kumar||Nikhil Thampi|
|Nishka Lulla||Nimish Shah||Nitya Arora|
|Nupur Kanoi||Pallavi Foley Dudeja||Pallavi Murdia|
|Payal Singhal||Pia Pauro||Poonam Sanghani & Rohit Dubey|
|Pranav Mishra & Shyma Shetty||Preeti Wanchoo||Priyangsu Maji & Sweta Tantia|
|Puja Kapoor||Purvi Doshi||Raghini Ahuja|
|Rajat Tangri||Riddhi and Siddhi Mapxencar||Rimi Nayak|
|Rehane Yavar Dhala||Ritika Bharwani||Rohit & Abhishek Kamra|
|Rocky S||Raakesh Aggarwal||Sanjay Hingoo|
|Samar Firdos||Sailex Ngairangbam||Shehla Khan|
|Shivan & Narresh||Shikha Grover & Vinita Adhikari||Sayantan Sarkar|
|Shruti Sancheti||Shubham Kumar||Sougat Paul|
|Sneha Arora||Sneha S Saha||Sonakshi Raaj|
|Soumitra Mondal||Sounia Gohil||Suhani Pittie|
|Swapnil Shinde||Swati Vijaivargie Jain||Stephany Dsouza|
|Tarun Tahiliani||Teresa Laisom & Utsav Pradhan||Vijay Balhara|
|Vikram Phadnis||Yogesh Choudhary||Vaishali Shadangule|
Block your dates for Lakmé Fashion Week Summer/Resort scheduled from March 22- 26 2013 at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai
About Lakmé Fashion Week:
Lakmé Fashion Week (LFW) is jointly organized by Lakmé, the No.1 cosmetics and beauty services brand in India and IMG Reliance, the global leader in sports and entertainment event marketing and management. LFW has been conceived and created with a vision to “Redefine the future of fashion and Integrate India into the global fashion world”. LFW is organized twice every year. LFW Summer/Resort 2013 will be held from March 22 to March 26th at Grand Hyatt Hotel, Mumbai. For further information log on to http://www.Lakméfashionweek.
About Lakmé :
The contemporary and expert in the beauty industry, Lakmé continuously innovates to offer a wide range of, high performance color cosmetics, skincare products, and beauty salons. In addition to leveraging Unilever’s worldwide expertise, Lakmé also partners with the leading cosmetic house; Milan-based Intercos Italia, Schwann Stabilo Germany and Paris-based Fiabila. Combining international cosmetic technology with an in-depth understanding of the Indian woman’s needs, Lakmé also offers its consumers a comprehensive beauty experience through its products and services at the Lakmé Salons and Studios. For further information log on to www.lakméindia.com
About IMG Reliance:
IMG Reliance Pvt Ltd., is an equal joint venture between Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), India’s largest and most recognized private sector company, and IMG Worldwide (IMG), the world’s leading sports marketing and management company. The joint venture company will develop, market and manage sports and entertainment in India. Its current assets include India’s premier fashion event, Lakmé Fashion Week and South Asia’s only ATP World Tour event, the Aircel Chennai Open. IMG Reliance has entered agreements with the Basketball Federation of India (BFI) to create a new professional basketball league and manage all aspects of the commercial rights to the game in India and the All India Football Federation (AIFF), to improve, popularize and promote the game of football throughout India, from the grassroots to the professional level. IMG Reliance has also created a scholarship program to identify and train talented young Indians from sports including – basketball, soccer and tennis-at IMG’s world-class sports training facilities at IMG Academies in Bradenton, Florida.