Chief of Army Staff Gen MM Naravane Visits Mumbai
- Army Chief on a two day visit to Mumbai
- Army Chief visits Western Naval Command and stealth frigate INS Teg
- Army Chief calls on the Governor of Maharashtra, discusses issues of welfare of veterans
- Army Chief meets reps of major business houses for manufacture & supply of state of the art equipment to Army as part of ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- Chief of the Army Staff, General MM Naravane, PVSM, AVSM, SM, VSM, ADC arrived on a two day visit to Mumbai on 12th September 2021. Mrs. Veena Naravane, President, Army Wives Welfare Association accompanied him. Lt Gen SK Prashar, AVSM, VSM, GOC Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa Area and Mrs Mamta Prashar, Zonal President, Army Wives Welfare Association received them in Mumbai.
The Army Chief visited Western Naval Command on 13th September, wherein he reviewed a ceremonial Guard of Honour and interacted with Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Naval Command, Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar, PVSM, AVSM, VSM.
They discussed operational and administrative issues including joint man ship between the two services
The General also visited the stealth Guided Missile Frigate INS Teg, affiliated to the Sikh Light Infantry Regiment, where he was briefed about the capabilities of the warship.
The Army Chief subsequently called on the Governor of Maharashtra, Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari, and discussed issues related to the welfare and resettlement of veterans in Maharashtra.
Taking the ‘Make in India’ initiatives forward, he also interacted with representatives of major business houses involved in the defence sector for manufacture and supply of state of the art equipment for Defence forces.