CENTRAL RAILWAY’S CHANDRAPUR & BALLARSHAH STATIONS AWARDED FIRST PRIZE FOR MOST BEAUTIFUL STATION ON INDIAN RAILWAYS.
Central Railway’s Chandrapur & Ballarshah stations of Nagpur Division have bagged the first prize for the Most Beautiful Stations on Indian Railways.
Chandrapur & Ballarshah stations of Central Railway were adjudged First among 62 entries from 11 Zones on Indian Railways, reviewed by a Committee consisting of Executive Directors of Station Development, Passenger Marketing, Tourism and other departments.
The Award carries an amount of Rs.10 lakhs. Shri D K Sharma, General Manager, Central Railway congratulated the Divisional Railway Manager, Nagpur Division and his team for this achievement.
Chandrapur and Ballarshah have been beautified by paintings and sculptures of the Tadoba jungle. Passengers can now have a feel of the rich wildlife beauty of the Tadoba Forest in the station itself.
This project by Central Railway, has been carried out with the help of District Collector of Chandrapur, Ballarshah, Forest Department and students of Govt. Fine Art College, Nagpur.
Their efforts to beautify these stations by bringing out the beauty of Tadoba Forest and Wildlife through wall paintings and sculptures has become hugely successful.
The concept is to work on innovative ideas from all corners in various mediums depicting local culture and beauty.The hard work by these artistes is clearly visible in their creations and this will definetly set an example for other stations to follow suit.
A lot of effort has gone into making these stations beautiful:-
- Fibre casting has been used in relief work and round sculptures which is both effective and longer lasting.
- Those places which were not reachable by the artiste, drawings were made and printed on Vinyl sheets.
- Installations were done in metal, fibre, iron fabricated structures, Siporex stone(used to enhance the beauty) etc to create the suitable forest atmosphere.
- Mosaic tiles were used to bring a colourful look. Mosaic has been specially used since it can resist the summer heat and heavy rains, besides its colours don’t fade.
- Those places where work had to be done on different layers, wood has been used.
- Oil and Acrylic has been used for Wall paintings and Cartoons have been added as a special attraction for children.
Shri Sunil Udasi, Chief Public Relations Officer, Central Railway said “ This is yet another achievement by Central Railway. The beautification of Chandrapur and Ballarshah stations will bring smile and relief to the passengers from the tiresome long distance journey. One is tempted to go closer, observe and take a selfie. Besides this will help to boost tourism and generate employment in the region”.
Issued by Sunil Udasi, Chief Public Relations Officer, Central Railway, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai.