Actor Amit Sadh unveils VR Surat’s Festival Park in the presence of thousands of Surtis
- Singers Raghav Sachar and Shruti Pathak perform their special Hindi-Gujarati bilingual ‘We Are Surat’ song as a tribute to the city
- X-Factor winners Sajda Sisters and Sidi Goma also performed
- Concert, cricket, cuisine for community get-together at VR Surat
Thousands of Surtis celebrated like never before at the city’s newest and finest concert venue – Festival Park at VR Surat, Gujarat’s first and Surat’s only world-class integrated retail city centre & community lifestyle destination, Virtuous Retail’s inaugural Flagship Center in India, VR Surat played host on the weekend of 25-26 May to a special inaugural Music Concert at the Festival Park; ‘live’ IPL Final cricket match screening at the 40-ft screen at Magdalla Plaza; gourmet delicacies at Streat in true Surti tradition and much more for the entire family!
Cheered by thousands, actor Amit Sadh of ‘Kai Po Che’ film fame unveiled a commemorative map of Surat that will serve as a permanent backdrop for cultural events and festivals. He also released a special song titled ‘We Are Surat’ specially composed and presented ‘live’ by internationally acclaimed singer Raghav Sachar and Gujarat’s own Shruti Pathak as a tribute to the city. The musical extravaganza also witnessed scintillating performances by X-Factor winners Sajda Sisters and Sid Goma – The Black Sufis of Gujarat.
(In the Photo from Left to Right-Mr Anupam Yog, Marketing Director, Virtuous Retail, Raghav Sachar, Shruti Pathak and Amit Sadh unveiling the concert venue – Festival Park at VR Surat)
Mr. Anupam Yog, Marketing Director, Virtuous Retail, said, “VR Surat achieved a first by getting popular youth icon and actor Amit Sadh to unveil the Festival Park as well as the ‘We Are Surat’ song & youth anthem. It appeared as if ‘Chalo Surat’ theme for ‘Cconcert’, ‘Cricket’ and ‘Cuisine’ resonated across Surat for the most happening event in town – total ‘Jalso’- for the Festival Park Music Concert and Madness Medo grand finale. While connecting communities and consumers, VR Surat is slated to emerge as a major tourist attraction and destination – creating areas for various community activities – paying homage to the city’s glorious maritime, cuisine and craftsmanship history.”
Sprawling across 6 lakh sq. feet, packed with unique outdoor and indoor experiences, and anchored by Shoppers Stop, Westside and INOX, VR Surat’s Phase I opening witnesses the launch of over 70 brands, many of which will be debuting in Surat and Gujarat. With the Festival Park and the Magdalla Plaza, VR Surat has unveiled most of the branded retail concepts such as ‘I Love Dumas Square’, ‘Streat’, ‘The Runway’ and ‘Center Court’.
VR Surat opened its doors to the general public with two special art initiatives – ‘Dumas Art Project’ and ‘Jal Tapi’. Nationally acclaimed theatre personality Yazdi N. Karanjia joined hands with VR Surat as Cultural Ambassador and endorsed Virtuous Retail’s ‘Connecting Communities’ initiatives to put Surat on the global tourism map. Internationally renowned artiste Paresh Maity unveiled ‘Jal Tapi’ – a life-sized boat installation created using the actual sailing vessel or ‘Hodhi’ that won the city’s annual Magdalla Boat Race in 2013. Dumas Art Project at VR Surat features the iconic red sign ‘I Love Dumas Square’, and a 240-foot mural titled ‘Streat’; the installations celebrate Surat’s rich heritage and culture. The Project will also host a wonderful collection of 15 art installations over the summer.
VR Surat has the following first-of-their kind branded concepts…
• Streat – local and international food, Surti culinary destination with an international twist
• Festival Park – Outdoor space designed for events, music concerts, festivals and expos.
• Magdalla Plaza – Outdoor event space designed for community and large scale events showcasing the local art craft
• Dumas Square – premium space for cafes, public art events and exhibitions
• The Runway – a chic venue for lifestyle promotions surrounded by high end fashion brands; Equipped with the latest infrastructure – Audio Video systems & digital screens
• The Arc – Dedicated space for luxury retail; Bespoke designer wear, jewellery, wedding planning, spa, salon, travel, HNI banking, etc. targeting the upscale wedding market
• Food Box – The 12-kitchen food court with an 8-screen multiplex and a gold class lounge; also a view of the Magdalla village
• Center Court – The heart of the Center designed to cater for premium brand launches; indoor space devoted to launches of high end brands and promotions
• Skydeck – Upscale rooftop venue for private events, weddings and celebrations
Level 3 will have Food Box – The Food Court, Multiplex, Entertainment, Restaurants, and Utilities
Level 2 will have The Arc Free Play – Fashion, Womens Wear, Designer Wear, Spa & Salon, and Fine Dining
Level G+1 will have The Runway, Center Court, the Anchors (Shoppers Stop), Premium International Brands Casual Apparel Footwear
Level Zero or Ground will have Streat, Magdalla Plaza, I Love Dumas Square, Restaurants & Cafes, Art & Culture, Valet Parking. Basement parking for around 500 cars is also available.
About Virtuous Retail: Virtuous Retail is an institutionally-owned developer and operator of premium, community-oriented lifestyle shopping centres in India’s top cities. Established in 2007, Virtuous Retail is sponsored by The Xander Group Inc, a leading emerging markets investment firm, which has committed US$ 600 MM in equity to the platform. Virtuous Retail’s pan-India portfolio includes prime city centre locations in Surat, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune and Kolkata. This makes Virtous Retail the leading platform of quality real estate for organized retail in one of the world’s most attractive consumer markets. Aimed at the prosperous and discerning Indian consumer, Virtuous Retail’s lifestyle shopping centres are tailored specifically to be retail, food and entertainment destinations with a strong regional connect. What a consumer can expect is a distinctive retail and entertainment experience, which has been designed and is operated at international standards. What is most unique about Virtuous Retail’s long-term vision is its concept of Connecting Communities. The firm’s mandate is to offer new social hubs to the urban Indian consumer by creating a platform for cultural, public-private and cross-border initiatives. The aim is to respect, foster and encourage civic pride, strengthen the local economy and boost each city’s image.